View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 05:59 PM   #5
Fishfreq
Fishfreq is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 1998 SL1 rear bumper skin compatibility with other models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
'91-'99 only the SC/SC1/SC2/SL2/SW2 got body color bumpers. '00-'02 they all got body color bumpers.
Same with the door handles, though I don't think 1st gen SC1's got body color door handles like they did bumpers.

For a '98 you need a '96-'99 sedan (pretty sure wagons are too different to work while there's no chance a coupe will fit without major work).

Most body parts from a Wagon work on Sedans and vice-versa, they only changed behind the rear doors and the roof for a given generation.
Ok so an SL2, '96-'99, if it's got a body-color rear bumper cover it'll fit? Sounds like the simplest thing for me will be to make do with another grey plastic one

Yup, I had a '91 manual SC2 with pop-up lights, and all bumpers and door handles were painted body color. That was a fun handling car with a revvy little motor. Miss that one compared to this SL1, boy, way different motor, everything, leather seats, sr, pw, pdl, better gear ratios...!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fishfreq's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fishfreq reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fishfreq is offline   Reply With Quote