View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
Ecomike
Ecomike is a glorious beacon of lightEcomike is a glorious beacon of lightEcomike is a glorious beacon of lightEcomike is a glorious beacon of lightEcomike is a glorious beacon of light

2001 SL1
Default Re: 2003 Ion 3 alignment questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtherecordman View Post

Whats your question?

Need to fix the pull to the right. My 45 years of curb encounters...LOL, experience says adjust the toe In and forget the rest.

I am not sure if the toe in error on the rear also causes these rigs to pull to the side? I think it does/can.

Looking for what other's know about the rear toe in experience on pull and tire wear. Does any one know for sure,personally if leaving the caster as it is, and just fixing the toe in the Ions, is unsafe. Caster is not adjustable on the IONs. The Ion is being driving daily and has been with those alignment values with no problem, front for 8 weeks with new tires and rear for about 10 days.

I know from experience that goofed up toe-in numbers like these can cause a pull on the steering wheel. And pull the car to not steer straight hands free.

What puzzles me is my daughter thinks the tire pull started after the rear tire, drivers side got busted up (pot hole?) bad and replaced. And not after the early curb-drive by took out the Passenger side front tire. And yet my experience says the bad front toe in numbers are causing the pull, and possibly the rear.

"What are you trying to do?"

As little as possible, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtherecordman View Post
Make it simple!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ecomike's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ecomike reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ecomike is offline   Reply With Quote