View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Brakes feel that they do not grip well

Unfortunately, parts of our brake systems are not as robust as parts from yesteryears brakes. When I serviced my front brakes for the first time my initial mike measurements of rotor thickness showed less than 2-3mm material left for resurfacing. While I had time to consider the choices (resurface or replace) I decided it wasn't worth resurfacing. If I was on a budget I would find a brake shop to machine rotors. Replacement rotors @$25 each seemed for me the way to go. While there is controversy about foreign made brake parts, the reality is that they meet OEM specifications. 25k miles on these inexpensive rotors without issues, period.

Mike your rotors to determine whether they can be resurfaced or replaced.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote