View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Saturn9
Saturn9 is a splendid one to beholdSaturn9 is a splendid one to beholdSaturn9 is a splendid one to beholdSaturn9 is a splendid one to beholdSaturn9 is a splendid one to beholdSaturn9 is a splendid one to behold

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: Brakes feel that they do not grip well

I was hoping you would respond - you always seem to have the most considered responses!

Tepid is a good description. and I would suppose that the brakes on this car would be more 'grippy' than my other one - but it appears that its the car, not me.

As to resurfacing, I do not dispute what you say, but having previously checked other sources there was some thought that it was not an automatic change pads and resurface rotors. There were quite a few mentions that it is often something done to line the pockets of the shops, rather than a necessity.

I too notice the activation of ABS is rather often. This past weekend it was annoying in the snow storm I was caught in - I found better results with { and i know one is not supposed to do this } pumping the brakes effecting a better stop response.

Also as you mention, when someone else is driving my car they have remarked about the 'weak' brakes. I am used to it, and always keep several car length between myself and those ahead of me [ you know, so I'm not part of those lovely 5 car crashes ] and know what pressure to apply. Seems odd though that the car is designed that way.

And as this is not my first Saturn wagon, I think I'll keep it Last one drowned inadvertently in a hellatious down pour we had a few years back, water was too deep and no where for me to go. The engine apparently does not like to ingest water.

Thank you for the reply.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn9's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn9 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn9 is offline   Reply With Quote