View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
VWCarcrazy
Advanced Member
VWCarcrazy is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Cracked windscreen

When this whole acoustic laminated vs non-acoustic laminated flap was discussed ad-nausium here about a year ago when Saturn dropped the "acoustic laminated" windshields in May 2008, I discussed with my dealer who referred me to the parts department. They verified that the stock number for ALL GM Saturn replacement windshield glass is the "old" stocknumber - which is the "triple-laminated acoustic safety glass". So, if you want to make sure you get the "quiet" glass and your insurance company is paying the tab, I would personally have your Saturn dealer do the work or at the least make sure the company that is doing the work assures you are getting the "quiet acoustic laminated" Saturn glass or a verified acoustic replacement. Please report back on your results. I have one small 1/8" diameter "star" in my Aura windshield and it has not cracked or grown. In my state (Wisconsin), replacement glass is not included in your auto insurance unless you pay extra for it. The quote from my insurance company (State Farm) is $100/car/year. With (4) cars, I passed on the insurance. So any replacement will be on my dime and I am not looking forward to it. Best luck.

2008 Aura XE 2.4L
Ocean Mist/Titanium

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VWCarcrazy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VWCarcrazy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VWCarcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote