View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
97RedSaturnSC2
97RedSaturnSC2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
1996 SC2
Default Re: (nos kit) need to know what parts are needed!!

i just read some stuff on that site, i run nitrous on another car so i know it quite well. He says to use a dry kit for a 97...
Easiest way to add nitrous to a dohc up til 97 is to use a wet kit. they are available cheap. I personally only use NOS brand equipment. the nitrous line would go into one side of the fogger nozzle and fuel into the other (through a fuel solenoid and nitrous solenoid). Use the service port on the fuel rail to get the extra fuel. I cant remember what AN size it is off hand but it screws right on. First remove the schrader valve of course. A 100 shot of nitrous would require reducing timing on the motor by approx 4* when its activated. Otherwise you can have detonation and really damage the motor. MSD makes a distributor-less ignition system that works with our cars. i use to use it on my saturn years ago. forged pistons are absolutely necessary but definitely worth it if you plan on using it often.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 97RedSaturnSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 97RedSaturnSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
97RedSaturnSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote