View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
sl2clone
sl2clone is on a distinguished road

1995 SW2
1999 SL
Default head bolt torquing issue

I just put a 97 DOHC head on a 2000 SOHC block. I torqued down all the bolts in sequence and it seems 1 is WAY tighter than the rest and some seem kinda loose. Is that normal with this 22 , 37 then additional 90 degress bull? That just doesn't seem accurate. I set my tq wrench to 70 ft/lbs and checked each one. The front bolt in the center is tighter than that. A few other were around 60 and the rest were below that. Is this going to work? ANd if I turbo charge it , will this cause it to blow out? Engine repair is something new to me. I usually don't tear into engines at all. Just replace them. But I got a good block with 115K miles and a good head with 110K miles on it. If it runs it should be a good running non smoker. If I got the timing marks correct. Noe of those seemed to want to line up exactly either. They did on the old block.

Saturns saved and given new life : 11
The worst terrorist in history lives in the white house!
His goal is to erradicate the middle class working man!
Yeah , this country is SCREWED!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sl2clone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sl2clone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sl2clone is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links