View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Will Saturns be classic cars?

There will always be a following.

There are still collectors of Studebakers, AMCs, Hudsons and Nashes. Even Yugos and Trabants have their fans.

I never thought I would see the day repro manufacturers would make parts for old Valiants or Falcons.

Saturns have an interesting back story, unique construction, simplicity and enjoyed [and still enjoy] a loyal fan base.

I have seen so many columnists, all the way back to the 50s claim that their current decade of cars will "never be collectible". And they've been wrong.

With the internet, more enthusiasts of a particular marque can connect with other fans, find obscure parts, buy and sell cars.

The arrival of a 25 year old K Car at a car show even produced articles that memorialized the event at the time.

The usual cut off for car club or show participation seems to be 25 years. Show up with your car and what others think can blow.

At a local car show [huge, actually] a couple of weeks ago, were a 92 Impala and a 94 Olds Cutlass convertible.

There is room for all kinds of cars in the hobby.

I'd walk across the show field to see an early S Series as opposed to yet another Cobra clone or the common as dirt Chevy, Ford, Mopar Big Block jacked up 1 of none cars. They all have their fans. I grew up with them. I've seen them over and over again.

But those stripper 6 cylinder oldies or cars from somewhere other than the Big Three [or independent of] will hook me every time.

Don't wait for permission or validation. The snobs will never approve, but they won't be having the fun or the connection you'll have with your Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote