View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 11:56 PM   #8
Sh1tb0xHero
Sh1tb0xHero is on a distinguished road

1999 SW1
Default Re: Successfully lifted Saturn Sw1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonP1 View Post
Can you provide some details on what you did?

I have a 1999 SL2 auto that runs around a farm I'd be interested in doing this to.
I managed to find a shop to fabricate some 2" spacers back when I didn't know how to weld. The spacers fit on top of the stock/aftermarket struts. After installing them I did run into some trouble with the misaligned sway bar mounts (off by 1 inch) and the Camber. A crowbar and some elbow grease fixed the sway bar issue and 4 camber bolts for the latter.

Tires are Presa's A/t 205/75r15 on 15x7 Bassett's with 3 inch backspacing. To fix the rubbing issue I had to delete those flimsy plastic wheel well splash guards and bang flat some pinch welds. Also had to trim the plastic fenders a bit for the front.

I mounted a Spod Source controller from a friends wrecked Xterra for all the LED's and other on-board junk. It runs on a 4 terminal battery for the extra accessory connection.

All in all it's really fun to drive on wooded/gravel trails. Don't count on going up wet muddy trails though, you would need an LSD. Quafe sells some for a grand and would be a more reliable option over the cheaper 'box' that mimics an LSD. Also, wire up a manual switch to turn on the cooling fan. These things tend to overheat at high load times like gunning it up inclines.

I might turn this thing into a rallycross vehicle and just buy a Suby for them technical trails all around my hometown.

1999 Saturn Sw1 3" lifted 170,000 miles - Gambler Project Car

Last edited by Sh1tb0xHero; 10-18-2018 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: A sentence added

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sh1tb0xHero's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sh1tb0xHero reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sh1tb0xHero is offline   Reply With Quote