Thread: Cps
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #8
cgg17
Advanced Member
cgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nicecgg17 is just really nice

1995 SL2
1999 SL2
Default Re: Cps

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
I think I read (from OldNuc, maybe?) that they work fine until they fail.

They fail when hot, and letting it cool down means you can start the car again and it will run until it overheats again.

Also read that pushing the car so that one side is up on a curb gives you enough room to crawl underneath to change (fetchitfido, maybe?)

I've driven 2 Saturns daily for the past 9~10 years. Knock on wood, have yet to have one fail on me.

First Saturn, the silver one in the avatar pic, I drove for ~8 years and 100k miles (has over 200k miles on it, engine still runs great), AFAIK on the original CPS

Doesn't hurt to change it, and you can keep the old one in the glovebox for a spare
I am able to crawl under the car without a jack, as long as I remove the air dam and keep my head turned sideways. But when I do it at home I'll make sure it's jacked up and properly secured on stands. I thought about going through the top by removing the upper motor mount and trans mount to allow the engine to pivot far forward, but I haven't had the time to poke around yet.

1994 Sl2 5spd: 56,576 (Totaled 1/10/2018)
1995 Sl2 5spd Manual Swap: 150,062
1999 Sl2 4spd: 98,8xx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cgg17's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cgg17 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cgg17 is offline   Reply With Quote