Thread: I'm baaaaaack.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 09:48 AM   #18
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2
Default Re: I'm baaaaaack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Never would of thought I'd own another Saturn. I believe it's been almost 8 years since I've owned a S-Series and a little over four since I've owned a Saturn. Traded my Aura in when l bought my Camaro in 2013.

I came across a 2000 SC2 on my local Nextdoor. Asking price was $700, I got it for $600. It has 136,000 miles and not very much wrong with it. Plan on using it as my daily commuter and to teach my son how to drive.

Issues:
- Sagging fabric on headliner and visors. (easy fix)
- Clear coat peeling on roof (will sand and paint gloss black or wrap black)
- A/C doesn't work. No big deal, I'll look into it before summer.
- One odd issue, power door locks work when using the switches on the doors. When using the key fob, the drivers door will unlock, but not the passenger. Not even if I double press the unlock button. Neither door will lock using the key fob. But the security system will arm and disarm.

Other than the headliner, the interior looks almost new. Doesn't leak any fluids, auto transmission shifts smoothly and the most amazing thing. No SES light.

Driving it home brought a big smile to my face. How I missed all those rattles. If a S-Series doesn't rattle, the engine isn't running. Made me remember this old acronym:

S orry
A bout
T hat
U bearable
R attling
N oise

welcome back! the odd issue my car did as well when the bcm went. an $850.00 repair at the dealer...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote