View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Default Re: How many of you put Bug Shields on the front of your Outlook?

I actually did purchase the "Perfect Fit" hood guard p/n PF375HG from my dealership for less than $120cdn ways back before a trip to central Canada (manitoba) in April/May.

Before I pulled out my cc, the parts guy did state there were reports of wind noise but i had never gone for a hwy roadtrip w/o it and have not bothered to slip it off while in transit one day crossing the prairies on the TCH, to actually do a comparison. Maybe there is new wind noise but quite often drive with a window open a bit anyways, so of course there is wind noise !

Installation was quick and easy with no drilling required screws supplied go into existing hood underside lip holes. And the only tool ya need is a philips screwdriver. It took me longer to figure out how to remove the glue residue from the yellow bump-on location stickers than it took to actually install the unit. Finally tried a smear of vaseline which lifted the residue off with a clean rag. Hmmmm i might have a pic of my unit with . . . . . anywho, its black on red tooo !

doug c

Last edited by Doug C; 08-05-2009 at 11:42 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote