View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 11:22 PM   #1
Reliabilityman
Reliabilityman is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default 365,000 plus just died

My 365,000 plus mile 95 SL1 just left me stranded on the side of the road. Starting a high pitch gear whine coming from the engine under acceleration on the inner state at about 75MPH. Started losing power to the point I was crowing at 40MPH among the other cars so I hit the shoulder. The engine was coughing a bit and as the RPMS went down, it died and check engine light came on. Would not start up until you put the gas peddle to the floor, then it would fire up and blow black smoke like a coal burner. Had it towed, sat over night and started right up without issues, then it started running rough again and blowing black smoke. Previously I had the fuel line rupture twice in a couple of years so I thought this was fuel related. I am busy with work so I couldn't trouble shoot it all the way and took it to a mechanic. Hes not sure either but tossed out that it might have been a timing chain. Any thoughts? First time it left me stranded since I bought it new.

1995 Saturn SL1 Owned since new
360,073 Miles Original Clutch, Back Brakes

2000 L Series Owned since new
154,000 Miles, Melted Fuse Box, Randomly Opening Trunk, Leaking AC condensate into cabin,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Reliabilityman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Reliabilityman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Reliabilityman is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links