View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
Northerner
Northerner is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Wheel bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
Kid had abs light for driver rear bearing. And noisy pass rear bearing. Grr. Ordered 2 bearings online on 10/22 at noon. Were delivered on 10/24 and started repair at 430pm. Done at 610 pm. Cleared code and no light. Woohoo.
Good thing I found this thread as I'm like 99% sure that is the noise coming from the rear of my 2004.

Questions I have:

I need to cut cost so the less money I have to put into my truck, the better. That said, I don't think I want to use Chinese - I want some sufficient enough - this is under the premise that I am going to be keeping/driving this truck for hopefully another 5 years.

- What is the "BEST" brand I can get that will be expected to last forever, but not the most expensive? RockAUto shows this listing: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+assembly,1636

- can I get away with doing only one rear wheel bearing? or is the procedure ALWAYS do both at the same time?

- how do I know if my Vue has rear ABS or not?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Northerner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Northerner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Northerner is offline   Reply With Quote