View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
6spd68
6spd68 has a spectacular aura about6spd68 has a spectacular aura about6spd68 has a spectacular aura about

Default Secondary air injection system

Hello everyone! I need some help diagnosing my secondary air system. I just replaced the air pump and noticed that I have back pressure out of it after the system shuts off. I have vacuum going to the switch and going to the diverter valve during warm-up and when the air pump shuts down I still have vacuum going to the diverter valve. I also noticed that I have about 14.4 volts at the switch during the 30 second warm-up and when the air pump shuts down the voltage drops to 4.3 volts.

Why do I have voltage after the system shuts down? It seems like I should just replace the switch but I would like to be sure before I just throw money at it. I measured the ohms and it was about 44. When I disconnect the vacuum line going to the diverter valve it closes and I get no back pressure. Also, I have seen the richpin video, that's how I got this far

Thanks in advance, this forum is the best!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 6spd68's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 6spd68 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
6spd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links