View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
ehunter
ehunter has a spectacular aura aboutehunter has a spectacular aura about

Location: Pacifica by San Francisco 5sp Engine rebuild with the help of people here at 177K due to 500mi/qt oil consumption. After 2yrs I am back to 40mpg+ after discovering the refirb head I used was bad. Car runs better than a top. Now at 214k.

1996 SL2
Default Re: The Last Minute!!!

Get yourself a USB laptop scanner for $20 to know if improvements can be made to your ignition burn characteristics.

I think the air filter, to a certain point, may be a waste of your money unless it is overly filthy. If it is just lightly or moderately dirty the computer compensates for any reduced air flow. In history it was more important to keep a clean air filter, but it is not as important today.

To be realistic though, make sure your plugs are cleaned, gapped, no corrosion on the wire set, and this will be the best you can do in a short period of time. Longer term get yourself a USB scanner. That will tell you where improvements can be made. Ask here if you are not sure which scanner package people prefer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ehunter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ehunter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ehunter is offline   Reply With Quote