View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Saturnkid36
Saturnkid36 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Lowering Ideas? Cut springs?

I want to lower my 2001 sc2 quite a bit and as we all know coilovers are the best option to go with. But being on a budget doesn't make that option available for me as i don't have $400-500 just to lower my car. I looked into some lowering springs as well. Still not in my budget. So my other option is.. of course cutting the springs. I dont want to hear rants about stupidity please, i'm open to all ideas and opinions, i drove a 2001 civic that had cut springs, drove it 45 miles it didn't ride as bad as i thought it would have and its manageable. I'm solely going for the look more than actually handling better, what are some things i should know or be warned about doing this, im aware that i need to get an alignment if they do get cut but im not sure about other suspension parts wearing down because of too much stress on them instead of the spring. Thanks

2001 SC2 190K+
Automatic:(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnkid36's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnkid36 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturnkid36 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links