View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
Asinity
Asinity is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Looking to buy an Astra

I left them on the hook for all of last week, letting them know I'm interested, but they need to do something for me.

They took $1000 off the price, doing a transmission drain and fill, and new rotors and pads at every corner. As well as fixing up a small tear in the rear seat and some other minor blemishes that won't take them much to fix up.

I'll be doing the plugs myself when I receive the vehicle, and am looking at getting the timing belt/tensioner/water pump done at my mechanic in the next couple of weeks. Aside from that, everything looks pretty good to me and I'm pleased that I was able to get them to budge.

I pick it up Thursday night, really looking forward to getting into a Saturn again, especially an Astra. I'm looking forward to many years of service and miles out of this car... no doubt it's still quite early to tell, but it sounds like these engines/transmissions can get quite a few miles on them when cared for.

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Asinity's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Asinity reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Asinity is offline   Reply With Quote