View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
stoickiwi
stoickiwi is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Headlight Switch Wiring Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra La Vista! View Post
...Can you find a Grey w/ Blue wire at the back of the headlight switch and test it? This one should feed power to the rear fusebox, which then in turn sends a signal to the engine bay fuse box to feed a constant 12V signal to either bulb...Don't you just love modern automobile electronics?
I will grab the multimeter and check it out!
What I'm currently thinking of doing is to find a small low rated switch (1cm diameter, 2cm depth) and mount inside the switch box under the rear fog button. Connecting that switch to a 12v ignition source, then running a wire along the driver's side of the car and connecting it to a relay in the back fuse box area. I will then use that battery feed(?) at the fuse box to supply the power to the fog lights.
If I can find an appropriately small switch, everything should work.
I may just end up pulling the 12v from the fan controller if I can find one to do the job on the headlight switch assembly.
Pictured: the "battery feed" in the rear fuse box. Am I completely mistaken or is that what this is? I can't imagine wiring that thick being used for anything else. I tested it with the multimeter and it seemed okay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temporary_zps90f87a03.jpg (121.4 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by stoickiwi; 08-02-2013 at 05:59 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stoickiwi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stoickiwi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stoickiwi is offline   Reply With Quote