View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Sell or Keep 2000 L-series wagon ???

Tough decision. Are there cars you have in mind as a replacement? I've always thought that if you are satisfied with your current car and you've considered the future (which you have), it's worth keeping it and saving a portion of what you would have spent on the new car for maintenance on your L. I miss our L300, but it wasn't entirely my choice to move to the VUE and it's worked out very well for us. That said, it doesn't drive nearly as well as the L300, in my opinion. The L81 V6 motor is a gem.

The extra utility of the wagon is another reason to keep it...it's about impossible to find a mid-size wagon anymore. If I were you, I would enjoy it for a little while longer and you'll know when it's ready to move on. With 149k on it, a few more miles won't make any difference whatsoever on its value at this point. Maybe take it to 200k and walk away from it before it's time for another new timing belt. Good luck!

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote