View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
jsylvers
jsylvers is on a distinguished road

1993 SL1
Default '93 SL1 Heat and Engine Temp Issues

O.k. here's one for the books. I let my '93 SL1 idle and it overheats on the temp guage and I get heat out of the heater (Which at this time of year is a must in the north here where I live), but as soon as I start to drive the temp guage goes down to the cold end of the temp guage and the heat goes the way of the dodo bird. Unfortunatly while driving the guage goes down and while sitting it goes up and I know there should be something regulating the heat and it obviously isn't working, but I haven't the slightest as to what it is.

I just replaced the ECTS to see if maybe that would help as I have in my exploration of this forum witnessed a lot of problems being solved with this simple fix. It fixed nothing that I have been able to see as of yet. The heat issue is the same now as it was so there must be something else wrong somewhere. If I can figure out what is wrong I am generally able to fix the issue as was the case a week after I purchased the car when the tensioner went kablooy (I believe this is the technical term). Took the tire off and replaced it in no time flat.

Anyone have any clue as to what I should be looking at to get this issue resolved? I know the EGR Valve needs to be replaced, but the idle speed seems to be the only thing that that affects so I have not put this very high on my list of things to fix, but this may change if someone gives me a valid reason to make this more of a priority. I did take it off and clean it, but this did very little towards making it work so I went on to dealing with the cold and the related issues within the car itself.

Last edited by jsylvers; 11-26-2008 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: Forgot to List Car type

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jsylvers's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jsylvers reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jsylvers is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links