Thread: Loaner Cars
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2001, 05:36 PM   #5
kazi
kazi is on a distinguished road

Don't want to get too off topic, but no way is an ES300 worth the asking price. Basically, it's just an upscale Camry with the Lexus 'service' that cost upwards of $10,000 more. What's more suited to worth the asking price maybe the Acura TL/CL. Compared to a BMW or even a Lexus in the near luxo market, it's cost thousands less.

Anyways, I don't think you should expect a loaner from most mainstream dealers. I got a shuttle to work (5 miles away) when I had to drop off my Saturn for a few TSB fixes. Rentals can be arranged for a small nominal fee. There are a few exceptions. My brother received a loaner for his Honda when the ETA on his repair went over a day. But, again, you shouldn't expect a loaner from mainstream autoline such as Saturn or Honda. Most mainstream dealer can't afford giving loaners out to everyone who gets serviced. Get a luxo vehicle and pay thousands more if you want this level of service.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kazi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kazi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!