View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
delturcious
delturcious is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
Default Cruise control SLIPPING?

Here's a new one: I was driving up I-75 on Sunday to get my new header and engaged the cruise @ 72 like I always do. I glanced down after I set it, and my speed was stable. 30 seconds later, I was @ 65 I go through this a few more times, same effect. I know the cruise is engaging because the speed stays somewhat constant for a few seconds, but I decelerate at a MUCH slower rate than just by letting my foot off the gas.

After going through the first 150 or so posts that had "cruise control" in them, all I could find were some problems with a plastic piece that connects to the throttle cable close to the accelerator pedal. I highly doubt this is any type of electrical problem since it DOES engage-it just slows down. Is there anything else in particular (besides this plastic thing) that I should be looking for before I start pulling things apart?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to delturcious's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help delturcious reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
delturcious is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links