View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #18
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Cruise control SLIPPING?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
I know I just posted this in another thread, but I'd set my cruse to say, 60 or 65. I would then go up a hill (cut in the hill on southbound I-75, for example), it would lag by ~5mph (I'd be doing ~55mph but my cruise is set at 60), and then my RPM spikes up to 4000-4500 and holds it there until I get out of the grade (but I don't go any faster than what I've set my cruise to.) Once I'm out of the grade, I'm doing 60mph while staying within normal RPM range.
First thing to do is clean the connector to the module on the column. Then verify the engine/transmission clutch is not slipping. If it is not a manual and if it is an automatic it sounds like its downshifting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote