View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #12
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: New addition to the family (96 SL2)

If you don't have a (DB) starter on the shelf and this is your only transportation, I wouldn't disassemble the starter yet. Search YouTube videos or around here for past threads of a member taking snapshots of dissembling a Valeo starter so you have a better idea of what to expect rather than going in blind. I know I read and reviewed snapshots or video of it but cannot remember which method. It was very well presented as snapshots says more than words of how starters are mechanically configured. In my limited experience, I've come across only one type starter for cars. The Valeo starter is unusual in mechanical design and a little more complicated to anyone unfamiliar with starter repairs/rebuilding. Not terribly complicated but not for beginners.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote