View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 08:52 PM   #15
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Can I replace BCM myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Chaz ... my SDM went tango uniform ... family mechanic found rebuilt SDM ... installed and took Vue to local body shop ... they used tool to put new SDM number in existing BCM which costs $75.

I'm guessing many body shops have a programming tool ... just imagine how much SIR stuff they replace ... and if they don't do in house will certainly have contact with local auto electric shop ... I doubt if any take vehicle to a dealer.

It may be wise to lift center console and capture SDM serial number ... they'll surely take your word for it.
Thx f2g - I'm gonna try this as soon as I get my VUE running again - waiting for another ECM.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote