View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #12
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Can I replace BCM myself?

With Saturn a discontinued line and dealers always looking at their bottom line, they're more inclined to control 'costs' (profits) by insisting on using their own blank bcm's if they have any. RETAIL or the equivalent of charging as much as traffic can bear. A dealer having bcm's may be more reasonable about prices if you call around. There's also the possibility of supplying a new blank bcm for a dealer to program. My guess is they're not likely to offer any warranty since its not from their inventory. It would be preferable if a Gm dealer has one or two former Saturn techs employed and familiar with scantool programs. The doors are open to negotiation. A dealer supplied and programmed bcm would be the most costly unless a dealer is accommodating and willing to keep costs down. They're still around but are in the minority and spread around the country. Check other threads about other Vue owners dealing with this issue.

Used bcm's are basically plug n' play after a 30 minute relearn and or some a better choice. Remotes need to be programmed to the used bcm with retained mileage displayed as soon as ignition is turned on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote