View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 01:16 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Can I replace BCM myself?

Uh, there may be a different odometer reading as well as the VIN from the donor vehicle. I'm not entirely familiar with the Vues as I am with the L300's. the L300's have their BCMs above the glove compartment and I think yours is above the radio. Check the threads using the search function here for the Vues. It takes as long as it takes you to find the BCM location from searching here, members advice, and disconnecting whatever is necessary to access the BCM wherever its located and plugging in the replacement BCM. If you confirm whether its above the radio or elsewhere, then its just a matter of battery disconnection and removing the necessary dash panels to access the BCM. Maybe an hour or so, less if you know your way around the dashboard and all the hidden hardware, more if you don't with skinned knuckles to show for the effort. Sorry if I can't be more specific.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote