Thread: HID option
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 05:57 PM   #11
Household6
Household6 has a spectacular aura aboutHousehold6 has a spectacular aura aboutHousehold6 has a spectacular aura about

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: HID option

Pardon?
I do hope I've misinterpreted the tone of your response.
What am I not being clear on?

The 2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD I purchased a week ago has headlight issues. Wanted to know how to ID halogen versus HID. Figured out to call the dealer and ask them to identify by the VIN. I did. Still could be wrong I suppose. But they weren't.

Vehicle DOES have HID headlights. NOT halogen headlights. Knowing the Saturn and Acadia are the same vehicle, I was in search of info on OEM HID's. I couldn't find a video on how to remove HID's on Saturns. If you can, by all means, please help others out. I venture to guess there's far more of a difference in Halogen versus HID than there is in Acadia versus Saturn.

But, at your insistence, here ya go. Two (seemingly) OEM HID bulbs that I just removed from the vehicle. The yellow bulb light (and the arm it came out of) is the light that's just outside the HID's and comes on with the running lights. Does NOT appear to be HID.

Want to see the ballast? I can show you just one. Can't yet get the 2nd out of the passenger side as there's some sort of bar in the way of the 3rd screw. (FRUSTRSTING!) and it's a T6 screw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2281.jpg (107.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2282.jpg (168.4 KB, 2 views)

2007 Outlook XR AWD
Dark Blue, Tan Leather, 2nd row Captains Chairs
Fully Loaded
Engine Replaced by dealer at 100k, Evidence of new(er) transmission
(Purchased in Feb 2017 with 165k miles)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Household6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Household6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Household6 is offline   Reply With Quote