View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #4
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the rough

2009 VUE Red Line
Default Re: P0752 shift solenoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangejeep View Post
I'm new to Saturnalia and my wife's 2008 Outlook 100k miles has the same code: P0752. I cleared the code and drives fine; code has not shown again. There are no noises or rattles. Do I need to get this checked out or is this a false error? Also am I causing more harm by clearing the code and driving? 3 weeks ago the P0700 code came up and after clearing no issues.

Guys I need some help here because I'm halfway tempted to trade it and cut my losses. I called the stealership and no warranty. I'll take any help!!!
You basically need to heed satellite's advice above. Take a fluid sample and see if you have Al shavings in your fluid....telltale that the wave washer is failing.
While I understand why you may considering trading the vehicle, generally trading the car for this issue is a false economy even if you have to drop $2K for a 50/50 reman tranny replacement. Reason is you get an effectively new trans good for 100K more miles or so and a 3 yr warranty. Trading for a new vehicle comparatively is much bigger dollars. But if you feel its time to get a new vehicle, now maybe a good time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote