Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Yerboogieman
Yerboogieman is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
1993 SC2
Default Re: Tinted Taillights

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron95sl2 View Post
This is great for when someone rear-ends you. Then they can claim they couldn't see your brake lights and they're off the hook! Not to mention your insurance company will probably drop you...

And blue reverse lights? What, just to look cool? How much do you back up that you think diminishing the output of your reverse lights will make you look cool? It'll be really cool when you back into something at night.

Cars have lights for a reason. Making them harder to see just makes you less safe.
Honestly, did you even look at the picture? I didn't tint them black like a dumbass, I tinted the yellow blinkers, red. Which is perfectly legal and you can see them just fine in full sunlight (I had my dad check). And I only clear coated the brake lights because they were faded. I can see fine while backing up. Next time you see an older stock VW Golfs have blueish tint on them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120808_092655.jpg (170.8 KB, 51 views)

93 SC2 M/T 224k Power Everything! :D
94 SL2 A/T 274k Sold to scrap
99 SC1 M/T 162k
97 SC2 M/T 102k
97 SL1 M/T 188k Sold Bad Valve
Aluminum valve covers all around
NGK plugs for all

Last edited by Yerboogieman; 10-06-2012 at 02:35 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Yerboogieman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Yerboogieman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Yerboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote