View Single Post
Old 07-26-2000, 04:12 PM   #1
Skotter
Skotter is on a distinguished road

Default Head Curtain Airbags - QED

The Santa Rosa dealer faxed me the information that Saturn is distributing to its dealers regarding the new 2001 series cars. I'll attempt to retype it here verbatim, but I apologize in advance for any typos:

<b>HEAD CURTAIN AIRBAGS will NOT be available at the Start of Regular Production for the 2001 model Year S SERIES cars. Head Curtain Airbags are "scheduled" to be introduced (ramp up plan) during September production on the S SERIES.

At this time Head Curtain Airbag (option code ASF) production is scheduled to begin the week of September 11, 2000 for the S SERIES products. A ramp up schedule has been established.

120 vehicles will be produced the week of 9/11/00 with ASF.

360 vehicles will be produced the week of 9/18/00 with ASF.

800 vehicles will be produced the week of 9/25/00 with ASF.

FREE FLOW Market Demand the week of 10/2/00 for ASF.

We will set up our system allowing each Marketing Area to change ONE order to include "Head Curtain Airbags (ASF)" until the maximum production level of 120 has been reached for the Target Production Week (TPW) of 9/11/00. TWO orders can be changed to include ASF until the maximum production level of 360 has been reached for the TPW of 9/18/00. THREE orders can be changed to include ASF until the maximum production level of 800 has been reached for the TPW of 9/25/00. ALL orders with a TPW of 10/2/00 can be changed to include ASF (FREE FLOW option.

HEAD CURTAIN AIRBAGS are "scheduled" to be available at the Start of Regular Production for the 2001 Model Year L SERIES cars. The following Head Curtain Airbag ramp up plan has been established:

Week of 7/31/00 - up to 10% of production

Week of 8/07/00 - up to 20% of production

Week of 8/14/00 - up to 40% of production

Week of 8/21/00 - Market Demand (Free Flow)

PLEASE NOTE: NO S SERIES or L SERIES orders have been generated with HEAD CURTAIN AIRBAGS (ASF). Retail facilities should add this new option to orders at their discretion.

- At this time retail facilities CANNOT add ASF to the S SERIES order because we have only generated orders for production through the week of 8/21/00. Again, Head Curtain Airbags are not scheduled to be introduced on the S SERIES product until the week of 9/11/00.

- Retail facilities should be able to add Head Curtain Airbags (ASF) to 2001 MY, L SERIES orders because we have generated orders for the production of weeks of 7/31/00, 8/7/00, 8/14/00, and 8/21/00.
</b>
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links