View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
Highmile
Highmile will become famous soon enoughHighmile will become famous soon enough

1995 SL1
Default Highmile Milestone 700k

Never had a doubt that I'd get here but I think about all the places this little car has taken me and it's staggering.

The last 100k have been pretty uneventful all in all. I did rebuild the entire brake system replacing the oem calipers, brake hoses, master cylinder, etc. I wasn't having any issues just thought it would a good preventive measure. After a while the rotors warped (again) and after someone I know had really good luck with a $50 set of drilled and slotted rotors off ebay I jumped in and took a chance. For being made in china I've actually been pretty happy with them.

I did have one issue this fall when I took it in for it's semi annual safety inspection. I had a tie rod that was WAY loose and somehow never noticed it. So 2 new Moog ends and we were back on the road.

Replaced the windshield too for the second time. Like the last one it was getting way sand blasted and then it had a couple of pillar to pillar cracks that wouldn't pass inspection.

The motor that I built at 416k is still running very well. Goes 5k between oil changes and uses about a pint. I run the wix 51516 filter and plain ol valvoline 5w-30.

I had planned to try to get pictures of the odometer as it rolled but I was on the interstate and traffic was unusually heavy. So you get one from when I stopped in town.

Highmile
'95 SL1 700k and counting and counting and counting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saturn_700k.jpg (20.5 KB, 44 views)
Highmile is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links