View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: dash cluster swap solved problems

It may be that anti tampering laws against illegal odometer alterations are controlled at the chip level regardless of VIN. Since the bcm contains mileage and proven intact despite many stating they're electronic shop of choice can alter mileage on used bcms with none reporting actual success, I tend to think the chip on the instrument panel that increments the display is a simple count-up device and designed not to count down. The example of finding the original i/p plugged in and immediately displaying corrected mileage from the bcm when it was removed verifies this. The higher mileage i/p couldn't count down but I'm certain will count up when bcm mileage catches up to this i/p. Wait until the mileage accrues to match or exceeds the i/p mileage then plug it in.

Those shops approved for GM repairs to electronics can be asked mileage display questions with a straight forward answer. The lighting issue may be just a 5v/12v regulator chip failure.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote