Thread: P0410 Code
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
nub_mechanic
nub_mechanic is on a distinguished road

Dizzy P0410 Code

Hey everyone. I've got a P0410 code on my 2002 Saturn SL1 and can't, for the life of me, figure it out.

I ran through the troubleshooting process that RichPin put up on Youtube and started with testing the connector on the air pump and it gave me 12V when I checked it just recently. I then waited and tested it again, checking for airflow from the pump to the check-valve, and there was none. I then bought a pump, replaced it, and checked the pump directly after on a cold-start. It worked. Then I reset the computer on the car, wait a couple days, and the code comes back on. After just checking it the second and third times, the pump didn't seem to come on at all at a cold start. I can't find out if there's a problem further down the line in the system if the pump won't start.

Is the computer finicky with how it turns on the pump besides the whole "running on a cold start for 0-65 seconds"? I'm thinking it might be a problem with the check-valve now, since there's airflow in every other hose in or out of the check-valve (except for the outflow to the manifold, I'd assume). Any ideas on what the issue might be?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nub_mechanic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nub_mechanic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nub_mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links