View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: Fun track/daily car project

You'll get better road racing performance out of a 5spd, drag racers like the dependability of the auto even though it's slower.

If you're on the brakes a ton on the course then it might be worth swapping to rear disc, but they're more labor intensive over their life (the 90's GM rear caliper design is junk). No need to swap ABS in, just swap the knuckle over (not 100% sure required but 98% sure last time it came up the drum knuckles didn't have the caliper ears).

'91-'98 DOHC should have the same camshaft profile so you should be able to take a cam from any in that year range. Same with '99-'02 if you're using a newer, narrow, head but you can't swap from '98 into '99. Doesn't do much of anything for maximum power but does move the power band up 4-500rpm which can be helpful.

Energy Suspension I believe still has a $100ish kit for the suspension front and rear. When I did mine the consensus was the red looked cooler but the black squeaked less.

Most guys I think used Hawk HPS pads...could be wrong. I didn't actually race mine (just drove it like I stole it) but was happy with EBC GreenStuff pads.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote