View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #37
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: 2002 Saturn SL1 Quill Seal Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccoskun View Post
Hello Rock Auto sent me 04-193 (self Adjusting, for 2000-2002)not 4-115 (Push Type Diaphragm for 91-99). 4-115 is not even listed as replacement part. It is all messed up here.

Order a clutch kit for a 97-98 car. The gen-3 clutch MUST be wound up or it does not work properly and some are and some arenot. Search for gen-3 clutch wind up and you should find the procedure.

I have the plastic piece on the tip of slave cylinder. I think I should buy a complete system from rock auto (LUK CRS002). Don't buy a new one as it likely will not work either and they are expensive. Locate the proper install-remove info on here before going any further ans your best bet is the Pick and Pull yards. They do not wear out either so it is not an age related failure. Out of fluid and improper removal technique fills them with air which is near impossible to remove as it is in the pulsation damper where it is trapped.

I have watched a YouTube video from AMS automotive about prefilled clutch systems, the presenter has mentioned that if the slave cylinder is left without any load, it will extend beyond the limit and air will get into it. (minute 4 and 5:50 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=3o5EZzyAS6c) <-- That is BS. The slave will extend to the mechanical stop as designed and if it is not carefully maintained below the level of the MC while this occurs air is sucked in. If the reservoir is not checked full before removal then air is sucked in. If the slave is allowed to be placed above the level of the MC and subjected to wide temperature swings air is sucked in. Slave & pulsation damper must be below the level of the MC at all times or you can find the hydraulics air bound. <--This is all you need to do after extracting a good one and then installing it.

I think I know what happened now. I havent read anything specific about removing the slave cylinder before.

Lets see what happens next weekend.

Thank you.
Ulas
Clutch wind up instructions below and get some pins.

From FSM
Clutch info
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen-2017-10-29_21-23-19.jpg (77.7 KB, 8 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote