View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #32
uccoskun
uccoskun is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2002 Saturn SL1 Quill Seal Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
If you want to do this right then buy the LUK clutch and flywheel for a 91-98 Saturn part number 04-115. This one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LUK-PREMIUM...cAAOxyOlhS9D~W

Either replace the flywheel or buy a new one. The input shaft splines must be cleaned and lubed and the clutch hub splines cleaned and lubed. After lubing wipe excess off with a paper towel as excess lube will be immediately deposited on the friction disk.

You can also buy a heavier duty clutch.

Trans must remain in neutral or the blocking rings stick.

Shifting is likely a combination of things including the fluid. Dexron-3 is only recommended for emergency use by the OEM. the manual used a proprietary lifetime fluid after the first and only change at 6000 miles.
Hello:

This is exactly what I donot want to hear. I myself am debating a new clutch set and I'm leaning towards to get lux kit also. I'm upset because I bought brute flywheel and clutch kit and it is too late for returning them. I was ready to pull trigger to buy a lux clutch kit, now I'm thinking to get LUX flywheel.

I have already installed the same flywheel twice. (first time, I forget to put the inspection plate so I removed the transmission and flywheel to put the inspection plate back. I was doing this job without removing engine transmission bracket.)

Should i really get lux flywheel?

By the way my car is 2002 SL1. The ebay kit you suggested is for 91-98 Saturn. Is it a mistake or a intentional recommendation?

Last edited by uccoskun; 10-22-2017 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: more text.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to uccoskun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help uccoskun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
uccoskun is offline   Reply With Quote