View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #14
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Good Price for 2009 Aura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HV Fam Wagon View Post
Thanks for the valuable advice. I didnít realize that car maintenance is not a high priority to these rental car companies. I appreciate all the info and comment weighing the pro and con of new cars vs. used cars.

I searched the autotrader.com for new Aura, the price range goes from $25K to $29K. Some of them are not listed with a selling price. All are listing the MSRP, presuming this is their asking price during negotiation. I donít know if there is any rebate or incentive on these cars. My butget is $11K. It seems difficult, if not impossible, to bargain to $12K to $13K.

BTW I also notice some new 2008 Aura available. Not one , not two, but six new 2008 Aura, all at the same dealership. It raises suspicions, perhaps there is something wrong with these cars. From reading the forum here and other customer rating sites, it seems the built quality of 2009 Aura is better than the 2008 Aura. I bought my LW2 in its first model year, and it has many problems.
You ask a valid question re; new '08 AURAs still available. I'm venturing to guess these are unsold dealer inventory. I'd go into the dealership and ask about these. Test drive a couple, check the mileage, do a walk-around the car, check the trunk, etc. and then try to negotiate a deal.

Someone here mentioned a dealership near Minnesota and they had new '09 AURA XE's - brand new unsold, untitled, not demos. I called the dealership and verified what I had heard and read on their Saturn dealership website. It definitely is worth investigating if you have a lead that sounds / looks good.

Do you have to pay cash for an entire car or can you afford car payments? I know payments stink but, lastly it all depends on what you're comfortable with.

BTW, I don't think there are any "quality" issues between the model years. With '09's you lose chrome door handles and body side molding on the XR but you get USB and bluetooth for your radio / phone.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

Last edited by gpartrid; 06-16-2010 at 01:50 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote