View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Good Price for 2009 Aura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftango View Post
1 - Don't by an ex rental...never

2 - Autotrader still has 61 listings for "new" Auras. You're better off buying new at almost the same price as used. 25 of those are in the NJ area.

You could probably drive off with a new Aura XE for less than $15K.
I'll have to agree with golftango. I wouldn't consider buying used and would advise any friend to buy new as well. I've purchased 3 used cars when I was younger back in the 1980's ('72 Olds Cutlass, '84 Camaro, '81 Accord HB) and they all had problems - you make sacrifices due to finances. Most things can be fixed but at what price and how much time will it take to resolve the issue(s)?

One never knows where a car has been or how it's been treated and many people end up buying used because of the lower price - then they end up financing at a higher interest rate than they would had they bought new and difference might only be $50 / month in car payments between new and used.

Then again, there are several folks here who've had some nagging and disconcerting problems with NEW Aura's they purchased right off the showroom floor. If you look at both sides of the coin long enough, it can seem like a "crapshoot", but new appears to be a much lower risk.

If you plan on holding onto the car for a long time regardless of trade-in values down the road, I'd say buy a new AURA - parts and service will be available for a very, very long time and car is awesome.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote