View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #3
kewlpop
kewlpop is on a distinguished road

1995 SL
Default Re: HELP! high idle 1995 Saturn SL -- Vacuum Problem?

UPDATE: after wedging both vacuum hoses in the housing as tightly as could, the drive home wasn't so bad. still had a high rolling idle relative to what it was before (around 1,750). and on every shift the rpms revved to around 3,000. sitting idle was acceptable at 850. but i could tell something still not right. it took 3 seconds for the idle to drop, whereas before it was immediate.

but, here's the twist. i left my headlights on all day yesterday and drained the battery. i had to get 'jack rabbit' roadside to jump me. thx usaa tow insurance! props to jack rabbit for coming quickly. btw, i really don't like those side terminals on the battery. not a lot of post to grab with the cables. i was unsuccessful when i coworker tried to jump me with cables.

so i'm guessing that with the battery being completely dead, it may have 'reset' the pcm? just a guess, because the car ran flawlessly on the way to work this moring. i mean beautifully.

another miracle in the wonderful world of saturnland.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kewlpop's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kewlpop reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kewlpop is offline   Reply With Quote