View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #16
JerryHughes
Master Member
JerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SL
Default Re: Renault to Help Mercedes with New Smart Vehicle, Plans Return To U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation84 View Post
And we've already gotten a real load of what the "American Worker [aka UAW]" and GM really think of their American brothers and sisters. They kept screwing the public with junk from the 70s to thru the 00s. And what did they do the last time they pulled that "Buy American" crap in the 70s and 80s: gave us more junk. Thanks my brothas and sistahs and the Big Three.

No thanks. Consider these bail out bucks PAYMENT IN FULL.
I've never owned a foreign branded or built car, but I won't rule that out in future for some ill advised attempt to keep producers of garbage in business. And especially not out of a sense of misguided ONE WAY loyalty.

Nothing patriotic about embracing the zero.
G.M. was not in the position of "keeping up with the Joneses" because of high costs of labor, etc. Simply couldn't compete with "new-foreign" producers because of costs that any one of you would have supported through your union. Now that the playing field is finally leveled (through bankruptcy) they will keep up or who knows surpass, the competition in quality and value.

Buying foreign is nothing more than under-mining the American way of life which will affect every single one of us Americans. Are you listening Mr. Penske????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JerryHughes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JerryHughes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JerryHughes is offline   Reply With Quote