View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #43
Phredawgy
Phredawgy is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
Default Re: "S" Series automatic transaxle fluid/filter change

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnManiac View Post
I'm pretty much the same with you on going to Jiffy Lube. I'm not gonna let them kill my baby, LOL. Pretty much everything they do, I can either do myself, or I'll have better qualified mechanics do the job.

But, seriously people this job is so easy a 10 year old could do it!

I've done it several times, and it's just like an oil change, actually I'd say easier, because the oil filter is harder to get to than the transmission fluid filter. Or maybe about the same.

Anyways, there's no need to pay a shop to do this easy job.

Just remember when draining the fluid, so you have an idea of how much to put back in, measure it. But, first check the fluid level before changing it, and make sure it isn't low, if it's low you'll want to add a little more after the change.
I had a friend who wanted to "help" me but not listen when doing this ONCE.....I'm trying to measure what has come out and that sorry sack of donkey dung is just going to pour what the haynes manual says is it's capacity....if you've drained it completely....thankfully I stopped him about a quart from where it needed to be.....I wound up having to open another quart for a wee bit of it, due to the amount spilled out of the other bottle while I was trying to smack the crap out of him.

The streets will flow with the blood of all the non-believers!!!! And all those who won't include their vehicles vital information in their posts!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phredawgy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phredawgy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phredawgy is offline   Reply With Quote