View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
gsbevli
gsbevli is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2002 L300 Many Problems

Just a quick update:

1. I couldn't go to the dealer on Monday so I first cleaned the MAF sensor. I also changed the air filter. I let the car sit for several hours to make sure that everything was dry. I did not erase the trouble code. The car evidently sounded better when it was started and even after the temperature reached normal, the engine did not shut off. So I thought that problem is solved.

2. I took it to the dealer to have the t-stat replaced and got the car back yesterday. Since I hadn't erased the code, they picked up the 'MAF sensor low input' code and told me I had to change that sensor. I explained that I had already cleaned that sensor and that the code will probably go after a few cycles.

3. But since today morning the car has been misbehaving again. After the temperature reaches a tad above the 1/4 mark the engine dies if the RPM reaches at the 600-650 RPM mark which it does when it is stopped at a traffic light or one sows for a turn.

So could this mean a bad MAF sensor that needs to be replaced? When I saw the sensor there didn't seem to be anything other than two wires and, at least visually it seems, what could go wrong with such a sensor? Should I just replace the MAF sensor?

Also, as suggested by fdryer, I should clean the throttle body. Any guidance on how to do that?

Any thoughts/opinions will be greatly appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gsbevli's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gsbevli reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gsbevli is offline   Reply With Quote