View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 02:18 AM   #3
bachands
Advanced Member
bachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to behold

2002 SL2
Default Re: Replaced Wheel Bearing on "new" '02 SL1

So unfortunately I was right about the new bearing being bad. The light rumbling sound is getting louder now that I'm driving on the freeway. It's actually heard more easily when I begin slowing down to a stop. The sound always seems like it's coming from the left side while driving fast. But then when I slow down I can tell it's from the right side. The noise still gets louder when turning the wheel to the left, and quieter when turning the wheel to the right. So it's the right bearing again.

I'm disappointed in Timken's quality control. I'll have to call RockAuto and get a replacement under warranty. I'll post results for anyone who may have interest in this subject later on.

'97 SL1, 136K, Auto, Mint Green (SOLD 146K)
'99 SL2, 126K, Auto, Silver (SOLD 149K)
'97 SL1, 136K, Manual, Burgundy (Gifted to Brother 138K)
'02 SL2, 149K, Auto, Light Gray/Silver

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bachands's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bachands reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bachands is offline   Reply With Quote