View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #11
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: I Did It!!!! Theft Deterrent Radio Unlocked, No Dealer Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRic 02sc2 View Post
yeah this is better than the video online that shows how to open a U-lock with a Bic pen.
I got two of my four U-locks open with a Bic pen, and helped bust the story open on bikeforums. Funny thing is, it was known about, but obscurely, for over 10 years. Kryptonite and Planet Bike offered to replace ALL such locks for free (I got all four of mine replaced). Of course, this is a little different, as a U-lock provides real security for something that could be a real theft target, unlike the "theft deterrent" factory radio. (Wanna know what its true "theft deterrent" is? The fact that it's a factory radio!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote