View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 06:49 PM   #15
ryan_g
ryan_g is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2006 Vue Cloth to Leather Seat Swap Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_Architect View Post
That switch is a lot smaller than it appears. It is only 1 1/8" wide by 1 3/4" high by 2" deep, so it fits in the normal spot.

They are much harder. I notice it on my back. I checked the lumbar, but is is already backed all of the way off, which means it was probably what the previous owner thought too. The Redline has velour inserts, so I don't notice any difference between them and cloth.

I'm not confident the backseat will fix itself. It has dents, not wrinkles, indicating the problem is with the foam. The front passenger seat had dents in the foam. I put it over my cloth foam and now it looks good. The leather itself in back seat has some lines on it too. It looks like a car seat was left there permanently. The carpet on the back is a loose fit in some areas instead of tight like my original.
They aren't huge but it was still much easier to drill a hole with a spade bit. The trim around the switches doesn't allow much room for error.

I guess I don't have that issue since my seats are exactly the same as they were underneath. That's interesting. I doubt that GM used two different foams underneath.

Yeah that back seat needs some help... I try not to leave mine down for extended periods of time so that doesnt happen. Looks like those seats need a good SCRUB!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ryan_g's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ryan_g reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ryan_g is offline   Reply With Quote