View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
FreedomSoftware
FreedomSoftware will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Problem areas to look for when buying an Astra

Only issues I have had with my Astra after buying it 3 years ago are: Coilpack and plugs, Leaking PCV membrane on the valve cover (could cause the engine to run rough, easily replaced with the right tools), rear brake calipers failing(2 now since owning the car), and leaking tail light.

Other than that, the car has been very good to me. I learned the drive manual on this trans with a VERY worn clutch when I bought it 3 years ago. Some how after being told originally it needed replaced, its still going. I have been hard the trans and motor at times but it has held up very well.

Edit: I have a persistent check engine light that is related to the MAF sensor. I clear it but it comes back consistently. Not sure what the issue is. Also I forgot about the Throttle Position Sensor. Since owning my car, I have replaced mine 2 times. Both throwing the code with "Throttle Position Correlation." It must be something electrical not in the peddle but I got it replaced under warranty both times

'08 Saturn Astra
-Debadge
-Vauxhall Grille
-Thule Roof Rack (and wind fairing)
-1.25" Lowered
-Windows Tint all around
-JVC Head unit
-Dual 12" Subs

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FreedomSoftware's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FreedomSoftware reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FreedomSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote