View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Oil drain plug gasket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebins View Post
Since my last oil change, I've noticed that oil has been leaking from the plug on the oil pan so I bought a new OE gasket off amazon to use next time I change the oil. Eariler this morning when I was changing the oil though, looking at the plug there was a white plastic on the underside of it. Is that what's normally there or is that an old gasket? I tried getting it off but it was either really stuck or isn't meant to be removed. The new gasket fit pretty good in it so I assumed it was just the guide for where the gasket sits. Once everything was back together I think it might still be leaking, but I also forgot to wipe everything down after draining the oil so it might just be from when the oil was draining. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days. Does anyone know what the plug is supposed to look like though? Trying to make sure I didn't double up on gaskets cause then it'll almost certainly still be leaking

Thanks for the help.
The white nylon gasket must be removed before installing a replacement. You can use the OEM style rubber that you buy through Dorman or you can use a nylong gasket. Either gasket is not a lifetime part and must be replaced periodically, best bet is every other oil change.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote