View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Steering rack and pinion possible problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakenthedead View Post
finally had a chance today to get under my car and tighten up the rack and pinion and low and behold those bolts are crazy tight to begin with. are there any rubber or plastic bushings that are in the mounting holds that might have disintegrated? otherwise everything looks normal and the bolts at super tight so thats not the problem.
Most Vue's have some front end noise.

What year is your Vue? There's at least one service bulletin to "adjust" the intermediate steering shaft pinch bolt for 2004 Vue.

The file's in post 13 of this thread:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180764

I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote